If you’re suffering in depression, Turmeric Milk can be highly beneficial to drink on a daily basis, as Turmeric contains Curcumin, a compound which studies show is as effective in treating Major Depressive Disorder, as taking Fluoxetine (Prozac).
To learn more about how Turmeric is a safe, effective, natural antidepressant to combat depression, simply click here.
Watch the video below the recipe to discover the quick and easy way to make Turmeric Milk For Depression at home, so you can add this natural antidepressant drink to your diet, starting today!
Turmeric Milk For Depression
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1/2 Inch Ginger Root
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder (or 1/2 inch Turmeric Root)
- 1/4 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- A Pinch of Cinnamon
- (Optional) Honey for sweetness
- Grate or finely chop ginger (and turmeric root - if using)
- Heat the milk in a saucepan over a medium-low heat.
- Add turmeric, ginger, black pepper and cinnamon.
- Whisk/stir the milk to ensure all ingredients are dissolved or are releasing their properties into the milk (milk will turn yellow).
- Remove milk just before it reaches boiling point.
- Strain + Enjoy!
- (Optional) If you require sweetness, then stir in a touch of honey to taste.
- If using turmeric root instead of the powder, be sure to use gloves or wrap the turmeric root in a paper towel to avoid staining your hands, fingers and nails.
- BE ADVISED: Turmeric has contraindications with certain medications. Therefore, it’s strongly advised to consult your doctor before taking turmeric or curcumin supplements. The information provided is for informational purposes only. Always consult your doctor or health professional (especially if you’re pregnant or have an existing health condition) BEFORE changing your diet, taking supplements or adjusting medications.
Turmeric Milk Benefits
- Natural Antidepressant
- Reduces Stress
- Antioxidant (Great for your complexion!)
- Anti-Ageing / Age Reversing
- Boosts Immunity + Strengthens Immune System
- Natural Anti-inflammatory
- Reduces Pain Associated with Arthritis, Joint Pain, etc.
- Helps Fight Various Cancers
- Decreases Risk of Heart Disease
- Helps Prevent Onset of Alzheimer’s
Download the recipe, make + enjoy!
Talk to you soon, 😉
IMAGE CREDIT: Photo by Lucy Turner