The Ultimate Natural Antidepressant Breakfast
- 1 Cup Water
- 1/4 tsp Ginger Powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 Cup Oats
- 7-9 Pitted Dates
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp Cardamom
- Pinch of Natural Salt (Unrefined)
- 1/2 tsp Pure Ghee (Optional)
- Chop 7-9 pitted dates - depending upon sweetness of dates and if you have a sweet-tooth or not 😉
- Bring 1 cup of water to the boil in small saucepan.
- Add oats whilst constantly stirring and allow to cook on a low-medium heat as per instructions on your oats packet (usually ranges between 3-20 minutes). Regularly stir the oats to ensure they're not sticking to pan.
- Once oats are ready, add dates (leaving some aside for garnish) mix well and remove from heat.
- Add ginger, turmeric, cinnamon and cardamom. Mix well.
- Pour oat mixture into serving bowl.
- Sprinkle a pinch of salt over oats.
- Spoon the 1/2 tsp of ghee on top (optional).
- Sprinkle with remaining dates (and chopped nuts or coconut flakes - optional).
- The 1/4 tsp of turmeric and 1/4 tsp of ginger can be replaced with 1/2 inch of grated Turmeric Root and 1/2 inch of grated Ginger Root. Add these grated roots once the water is boiling and steep for 2 minutes before adding the oats. WARNING: Use gloves or wrap turmeric root in a paper towel to avoid staining your hands, fingers and nails.
- Change quantity of dates to suit your sweetness preference. 😉
- If available, grind the seeds of 3 Cardamom Pods instead of using pre-packaged cardamom powder.
- Pure ghee is free from lactose and casein. So, unlike butter which many people find hard to digest or they have an allergic reaction to, ghee allows people to receive the wonderful benefits of the fat and nutrients (needed for great health) into their diet, without these negative reactions. For people who have allergies or sensitivities to lactose + casein, ghee is a safer option.
Why Is This The Ultimate Natural Antidepressant Breakfast?
SUPERSTAR #1: TURMERIC
Studies show turmeric has natural antidepressant qualities that rival Prozac/Fluoxetine. To learn more about how Turmeric is a safe, effective, natural antidepressant to combat depression, simply click here.
SUPERSTAR #2: GINGER
Studies show Ginger helps reduce anxiety and it’s natural antidepressant qualities are comparable to a standard drug. Ginger has also been shown to have a protective effect against some of the nasty side effects associated with antidepressants, like Sertraline (Zoloft).
Ginger is also shown to be effective in the reduction of severity of mood + physical + behavioural symptoms of PMS. This, along with it’s antidepressant qualities can make ginger highly-beneficial for PMDD (Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder).
SUPERSTAR #3: OATS
Oats are high in Tryptophan. Tryptophan is an essential amino acid needed for creating serotonin in our body. Our bodies natural “feel-good” chemical.
When our body has low levels of Tryptophan available, then by default, we also have low levels of serotonin. So, if we increase the levels of Tryptophan in our system, we can indirectly increase our bodies ability to create serotonin. That’s why oats are a great addition to your diet if you’re currently stuck in depression (or just wish to prevent it!).
SUPERSTAR #4: CARDAMOM
The science behind the antidepressant qualities of cardamom has yet to be fully studied in-depth, however, the ancient system of Ayurveda has been using Cardamom to alleviate depression for thousands of years. Cardamom is said to give relief from depression, as it provides clarity of thought/mind and balances a persons behaviour.
Fortunately, science is not lagging behind when it comes to uncovering cardamon’s fantastic ability to prevent the formation of anxiety-like behaviour after stress. Which is great news for anxiety sufferers!
Just breathe in the aroma of Cardamom + you will instantly feel it’s therapeutic benefits!
Inhaling the wonderful aroma of cardamom helps create a sound sleep, it reduces problems that result in little or no sleep and restlessness during the night.
Cardamon has been highly-effective in treating conditions of insomnia, anxiety, mental stress + depression for thousands of years.
SUPERSTAR #5: CINNAMON
Cinnamon is a well-known antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and neuroprotectant (able to salvage, recover or regenerate the nervous system).
Studies also suggest that Cinnamon has natural antidepressant-like qualities similar to those seen in Fluoxetine (Prozac) + Imipramine (Tofranil), but without the side effects.
That’s why Cinnamon was a natural choice to be included in the Ultimate Antidepressant Breakfast, because of it’s natural anti-anxiety + anti-depressant effects.
SUPERSTAR #6: DATES
Dates contain essential amino acids, which your body cannot make and therefore, must be provided by your diet. Amino acids which are usually depleted when we’re in the depths of depression. So, dates are an excellent way to help restore over 23 types of amino acids, some of which are not present in the most popular fruits such as oranges, apples and bananas.
Dates also contain at least six vitamins including; Vitamin C, B1 (thiamine), B2 (riboflavin), B3 (niacin), B5 (pantothenic acid) + vitamin A.
SUPERSTAR #7: NATURAL SALT
Salt is essential for life to exist! Natural, unrefined salt contains essential minerals + elements which are vital for numerous bodily functions. The most important of these are potassium, magnesium and calcium.
Inadequate brain magnesium appears to reduce serotonin levels. In other words; A magnesium deficiency = A serotonin deficiency.
So, even though a simple pinch of natural salt is not going to give you your recommended daily intake of magnesium (+ other essential elements), it will help put you on the right track to optimal health and overall well-being, as you’ll be giving your body some of the essential minerals and elements it needs to function correctly. 😉
SUPERSTAR #8: PURE GHEE
Pure Ghee has been an invaluable part of the ancient medical science of Ayurveda for thousands of years. This is due to its abundance of healing properties + health benefits.
Why is a touch of ghee highly-beneficial in this recipe?
The virtues of Ghee and its ability to reach within the deepest of tissues in the human body make it an ideal addition to this recipe. Ghee facilitates the transportation of all the valuable nutrients + fat-soluble vitamins (require fat for the body to properly absorb them) such as; Vitamins A, E + D to reach all the necessary cells, giving you the greatest therapeutic benefits.
Ghee contains vitamins A, K, E, B12 along with, high levels of Omega-3. Omega-3 is a fatty acid which is proving to be very effective against the treatment of major depression disorder.
NOTE: Don’t be afraid of adding a “touch” of good fat into your diet, as many vitamins require the fat to fully absorb or be transported around your body, so they can be more readily available for your body to use. Bad fat is bad, good fat isn’t, it’s a requirement for health!
What are you waiting for?
Download the recipe right now to start receiving the highly-nutritious and therapeutic benefits of the Ultimate Antidepressant Breakfast today!
Talk to you soon, 😉